Product Updates - November 2018
Overview of Changes
|Data Visualization pages||Enhancement|| Data Visualization now includes the ability to visualize multiple variables at once, as well as several other enhancements.
See Multi-Variable Data Visualization.
|Settings page||Enhancement|| For Administrator users, the Settings interface has been updated to support bulk actions, improve usability, and more closely match the look and feel of the Sight Machine platform.
Basic users can now update personal information (such as name, email, and phone), change passwords, and view group memberships.
See Settings Page Updates.
|Support link||Enhancement|| Some minor changes have been made to the menu for accessing support and providing product feedback.
See Support Link Updates.
Multi-Variable Data Visualization
Data Visualization now includes the ability to visualize multiple variables at once, as well as several other enhancements. You can do the following:
- Select up to 15 data fields on the Y Axis.
- Compare by any Categorical data field.
- Move data fields between Y1 and Y2.
- Select multiple aggregate functions for each data field.
- Toggle the legend off. By default, the legend always appears.
NOTE: If you select multiple Y Axis data fields and enable Compare By, those selections are multiplied together to get the number of data series on your visualization. For example, if you choose four Y Axis data fields and Compare By Shift, and you have three shifts, you’ll get 12 series. You can filter series using the Add Filter feature, or by clicking the legend.
Settings Page Updates
A number of user interface updates have been made to the Settings page.
For Administrator users, the Settings interface has been updated to support bulk actions, improve usability, and more closely match the look and feel of the Sight Machine platform.
On the Settings page, users are now split into separate tables, which you can access using the quick filters at the top of the page. Status types include:
- Active: Indicates that the user has either responded to an email invitation and created a password, or logged in via SSO.
- Inactive: Indicates that the user no longer has access to the Sight Machine platform.
- Pending: Indicates that an invitation was sent to the user, but the user has not yet created a password or logged in.
The links contained in the emails for Invite User and Reset Password expire after 48 hours. If needed, you can resend Invite User or Reset Password emails, which will contain new links.
In addition to managing users and resetting passwords, Administrators can also edit the Group(s) with which any user is associated. Groups types include:
- Basic User: Can access all available Manufacturing Applications.
- AI Data Pipeline: Includes Basic User, plus access to AI Data Pipeline tools (Edge API Keys, Model Configuration, and Model Recompute).
- Administrator: Includes Basic User and AI Data Pipeline, plus access to user Settings.
Basic Users View
Basic users can access a new Profile tab in the main menu, where they can update personal information (such as name, email, and phone), change passwords, and view group memberships.
Support Link Updates
Some minor changes have been made to the menu for accessing support and providing product feedback.
Help has been renamed to Knowledge Base, but still redirects you to the Sight Machine documentation site: docs.sightmachine.com
The Product Feedback link has been removed. But when your site moves from the Implementation phase to the Live phase, a Request Support menu item becomes available. This redirects you to our support site, where you can request technical support, file a bug, and provide product feedback.