Product Updates - January 2019
Overview of Changes
|Dashboards|| Dashboard owners now have the option of configuring links from any dashboard widget to any other dashboard and/or external link.
In addition, all dashboard widgets now have an Explore option that redirects you to the associated application.
See Dashboard Linking and Exploring.
|Asset Selector|| The Asset Selector has been updated to make it easier to find and select Assets.
See Asset Selector Updates.
|AI Data Pipeline|| You can now configure Part Types. This advanced configuration in the AI Data Pipeline builds on existing Machine Type models and lets you to track material and products across a sequence of processes.
See AI Data Pipeline: Part Type Configuration.
|Resolved Issues and Enhancements|| A number of additional changes have been made.
See Additional Updates.
Dashboard Linking and Exploring
Dashboard owners now have the option of configuring links from any dashboard widget to any other existing dashboard and/or external link. Other users of the dashboard, when seeking additional information, can click through to the next dashboard or documentation.
To configure a dashboard link:
- In the upper-right of any widget, click the Workflow button.
- At the top of the Link Widget window, do either or both of the following:
- Click the Dashboard tab to select an existing dashboard. After making your selection, click Apply.
- Click the External Link tab to type an external URL. After typing the URL and text, click Link.
- To edit these configurations, click the Workflow button again, and then click Edit. If the dashboard is set to Public, all other users can now access these links.
- To use a link, click the Workflow button, and then select the desired option. If you click a dashboard link, you are redirected to that dashboard. If you click an external link, the address opens in a new browser tab.
In addition to these configured links, all dashboard widgets now have an Explore option that redirects you to the associated application, with the sidebar state preloaded. In the upper-right, click the overflow menu, and then click Explore in... to navigate to that application.
Asset Selector Updates
The Asset Selector has been updated to make it easier to find and select Assets.
Specifically, the selector now contains a drop-down menu in the upper-left that lets you to toggle machine groupings.
The Machines drop-down menu includes the following options:
- All Machines
- By Location: Only visible if an environment has multiple facilities.
- By Type
- By Line: Available if at least one Line is configured.
AI Data Pipeline: Part Type Configuration
You can now configure Part Types. This advanced configuration in the AI Data Pipeline builds on existing Machine Type models and lets you to track material and products across a sequence of processes.
With this update, you can now configure Part (or Batch or Lot) models from a browser. As with other models, the AI Data Pipeline includes two modes:
- A basic, interactive mode
- An advanced, JSON editor mode
When creating a Part Type, you need to perform the following tasks:
- Identify the set of Machine Types from which the Part Type computes data.
- Specify the serial fields for each Machine Type.
- Manage the Data Fields on the Part Type, including Function and Display Name.
A complete walk-through of this configuration process is available on the Sight Machine documentation site. For more information, see Configuring a Part Type.
The following are additional resolved issues and enhancements:
- Resolved Issue: The Share Link option now works properly on Data Visualizations.
- Resolved Issue: Widgets no longer default to Compare by Machine.
- When creating or editing a widget, the legend state (on/off) is also saved.
- Broken dashboard widgets now include a user friendly message. In most cases, when you edit and then save the widget, the issue resolves itself.