Introduction to Dynamic Recipes and the Operator CoPilot
Cookbooks are a powerful addition to Sight Machine’s arsenal of optimization tools. They offer cutting edge technology by enabling real-time optimization in manufacturing processes.
Dynamic Recipes continuously and automatically run in the background to identify the products that you are running, and the machine settings that have led to the best results under the same operating conditions, in order to identify opportunities for further optimization in real time.
The Operator CoPilot application presents these opportunities to operators in the control room and on the factory floor in an actionable way.
You should be familiar with the following terms when working with Cookbooks:
- Recipe: Each product that you want to produce may contain multiple Recipes. Each Recipe is unique to the operating conditions.
- Outcomes: Outcomes are the results that you are seeking to achieve. Outcomes can be maximized (like throughput), minimized (like cost), or target specific values.
- Levers: Levers are the machine parameters that you can control.
- Conditions: Conditions are the factors that you cannot control, such as which supplier’s material you are using or the result of an upstream process.
- Runs: Runs are measurable segments of production output. Runs can be a unit of output or multiple units of output, depending on your production process. Recipes let you control aspects of how to define runs and how to decide which ones to use in determining recommended equipment values.