Product Updates - August 2021
Overview of Changes
|Data Visualizations|| The following new charts have been added to the Data Visualizations:
|Dashboard widgets|| You can now save content to dashboard widgets without having to first run the update.
See Saving Dashboard Widgets.
|Platform||This release also contains a number of bug fixes and minor improvements.|
New Chart Visualizations
Two new charts have been added to the Data Visualizations:
- Bar + Line
Bar + Line Charts
- Now you have a great way to visualize plots for multiple data series, where one series may be easily distinguished from the rest.
- A common use of this chart would be to use dual Y axes to represent trends that relate, but are helpful to distinguish visually (e.g., with different units or ranges).
- Pareto is a specific type of Bar + Line chart that is commonly used to analyze the relative impact of multiple factors on a KPI, because the visualization is informative at a glance.
- This chart shows a breakdown of distinct values for any Categorical value on the X axis. It also measures the sum of a related Continuous value on Y1, represented in bars.
- A line connects the points measuring the % that each value accounts for, relative to the cumulative total in Y2, and adding up to 100% in the upper-right.
- In a Pareto chart, the X axis is always sorted to descend from the largest value first.
Saving Dashboard Widgets
You can now save content to dashboard widgets without having to first run the update. To do this, click Save to Dashboard rather than Update from within an analysis application. This is helpful if the request is expected to take a long time to process.