5. Computing and Recomputing Contextualized Data
This article contains the following sections:
When raw data is streaming into the platform in real time, and you have deployed models, the AI Data Pipeline will automatically Compute manufacturing models.
However, when you deploy or create models for the first time, or when you make changes to existing models, you will want to run a Recompute to ensure that the changes are reflected in the new and revised models. This will overwrite existing data within the selected timeframe with recomputed data.
Use the following guidelines:
- If you added a new stream, recompute starting at the beginning of the stream.
- If you added a new field (new sensor) to an existing stream, recompute starting from when that sensor was added.
- If you made any model configuration changes, recompute as far back as you want the update to be reflected.
Recomputing contextualized data
The Compute tab allows you initiate and monitor Recompute jobs.
To recompute contextualized data:
- Click the Compute tab.
- On the left, click Selected Assets.
- In the Assets window, click one or more assets. For example, Robot 1.
- In the new window, verify that the asset you selected is correct, and then click Apply.
- On the left, click the date range selector.
- In the calendar window, click a start date to select it. You cannot set an end date; the recompute will start from the selected date and run up until the present.
- On the left, verify the start date, and then click Apply.
- At the bottom, click Compute.
- In the Active job status window, view the pending job to check its percentage completed and number of records that are being processed.
- When the job is finished, you can view it in the Completed section of the window on the right.
NOTE: The Completed window shows both successfully completed jobs in black as well as failed or canceled ones in red.
Accessing Manufacturing Applications
After you finish recomputing, you can check your data in the Sight Machine platform to make sure that it appears as you expected.
To access Manufacturing Applications:
- On the main Sight Machine menu on the right, click Manufacturing Applications.