2. Managing Edge Devices
The AI Data Pipeline is designed to allow you to inspect and manage edge devices that are responsible for data acquisition from factory machines. Currently, the Edge tab lets you create and edit API keys required to stream data from the edge into the platform.
You can do the following to manage edge devices:
- Create new edge devices with associated API keys.
- Copy user names and API keys.
- Rename edge devices.
- Delete edge devices.
An edge device on the Edge API Keys page can represent one or many physical devices. Each edge device stores API information to include in the transmit section of the FactoryTX configuration.
To create an edge device for API key purposes:
- On the Edge tab, click API Keys.
- On the Edge API Keys screen, in the upper-right, click the plus (+) button to add a new edge device.
- Click the Username value for the newly created edge device, and then click Copy Username. The value is stored in your computer’s Clipboard.
- Use the Username to populate API_key_ID in the data_transmit section of the FactoryTX configuration.
- Click the API Key value for the newly created edge device, and then click Copy API Key. The value is stored in your computer’s Clipboard.
- Use the API Key value to populate API_key in the data_transmit section of the FactoryTX configuration.